Airport Glam Essentials
After traveling to Idaho, I realized how difficult it is to feel glam when it seems impossible to look fresh after getting off a flight. Something about that recycled air on the plane just really makes my skin crawl. I’m not sure why they haven’t opened any spas at the airports these days, I mean aren’t we living in the 21st century? I would love to be able to get off of a plane, go straight to the spa where I could take a quick shower and get my hair and makeup done.. Or even in between connecting flights. Doesn’t that sounds great? Getting a blowout while you wait for your next flight?
Since I haven’t come across this luxury yet, I’ve come up with my own essentials for the next time I travel. I personally like to keep it really simple on travel days.
- Keep hand sanitizer with you at all times. I always feel like airports/airplanes are full of germs.
- Bring along some makeup remover wipes. Wipe off your makeup, specifically underneath your eyes and around your lips and then reapply.
- Bring an eye mask. Get some sleep on your flight. Rest is key to looking your best.
- Evian Spray. It may just be a mist that you’re spraying on your face, but something about it makes you feel clean and refreshed.
- Hand lotion. After using hand sanitizer all day, your skin may feel like a lizard. Make sure you use some lotion to keep the moisture in.
- Cream blush. A little color on our cheeks always gives the appearance of looking awake. I like to typically carry cream formulas around because they are easy to apply on the go.
- Concealer. Cover up those bags after a long day of travel.
- Lipgloss/Lip Balm. Which ever you prefer, keep your lips hydrated.
- Blotting papers. The last thing I want to do is pack on the powder after my skin has been soaking in that recycled air. Using blotting papers will cut the shine without clogging pores.
- If all else fails, wear your sunglasses! 🙂
What are your flight essentials? Comment down below!